Range of measurement: from 90 000 to 1 500 000 somatic cells / ml
Time of single measurement: 4 minutes
Volume of milk sample: 10 cm³
Power supply: 220V/AC, 50 Hz
Power consumption: max. 20 VA
Dimensions (H*W*D): 290 x 270 x 180 mm
Weight: 2 kg
Does a cow give healthy and safe milk? Can you drink this milk or deliver it for processing? Does the quality of milk remain always the same?
The correct way to find it out is the Somatic Cells Counting (SCC) which can be done using a Somatic Cells Analyzer. Somatic cells number is the most important indirect indicator of the udder health.
The opportunity to control the number of somatic cells in combined milk on a daily basis allows producers to achieve high quality of milk, take timely decisions to ensure the herd's health, improve the condition of the udder of cows and control the spread of infection in the herd.
Controlling this parameter regularly makes it possible to start the treatment of a cow in time and avoid the deterioration of milk quality.
The Somatos Mini viscosimetric milk analyzer is designed for the control of milk quality and determination of the amount of somatic cells using the method of viscosity determination by measuring the time of the tested sample outflow through a capillary.
According to results of tests, the SOMATOS MINI analyzer has shown a better consistency with results obtained by arbitration method (microscopy) than a much more expensive instrument based on the method of flow cytometry.
Somatos Mini is a compact, inexpensive, simple instrument convenient in service and operation which is intended for counting of somatic cells quantity in milk.
|Range of measurement of somatic cells number||from 90,000 to 1500,000 cells / ml|
|Determination range of the time of liquid outflow||from 0.1 to 99.9 sec|
|Relative error of conventional viscosity||5%|
|Time of Intermixing of the blend (performed automatically)||~ 30 seconds|
|Diameter of the operating vessel capillary||(1.5 ±0.05) mm|
|Volume of milk sample per one measurement||10 ml|
|Power Supply||220 VAC, 50 Hz|
|Power Consumption||20 VA|
|Average time of one measurement||4 min|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||290 x 270 x 180 mm|
The SOMATOS MINI analyzer can be used to provide following measures:
- Dairy farms - by regular checking samples of milk from each quarter of udder - to reveal timely mastitic cows, thus providing stable delivery of higher grade milk with increased price.
- Veterinary laboratories and test stations of farmer cooperatives - to be able to provide farmers with selection of calves that are stable against mastitis and have higher milking capacity.
- Milk processing plants - to ensure high quality of the milk arriving from farmers.
Features and benefits:
- Viscosimetry is an inexpensive and affordable method which does not require any expensive reagents, consumables and laboratory equipment. The method does not require special sample preparation.
- The instrument can be used not only by qualified and specially trained personnel of laboratories but also by farmers.
- Having a highly reliable and durable design, SOMATOS MINI is a viscosimetric somatic cells analyzer of a new generation which has an improved design without any mechanical valve which could cause frequent failures.
- The best value for money makes Somatos Mini the instrument of choice for various market segments, from small dairy farms, veterinary and dairy laboratories to milk processing plants.
- The device can be connected to PC and external printer.
The standard delivery set:
- Somatos Mini viscosimetric analyzer of somatic cells in milk - 1 pc.
- User's manual in English - 1 pc.
- Glass flask with a capillary - 1 pc.
- Nylon wire/line for capillary cleaning - 1 pc.
- Plastic container - 1 pc.
- Syringe (5 ml) - 1 pc.
- Syringe (10 ml) - 1 pc.
- Measuring pipette/dropper -1 pc.
- Cleaning reagents - 1 pack (200g).
- Mastoprim - 2 containers (2 x 100 g = 200g) – for the 6 month operations
- Power cable - 1 pc.
- Individual packing/cardboard box – 1 pc.